Mr. Lo Yan-Shing is one of the Founding Trustees and the Vice-chairman of the China Candlelight Educational Fund registered in Hong Kong in 2000. Mr. Lo has worked relentlessly in helping promote the educational facilities of the under-privileged school children in mainland China for many years. He personally travels to the inland mountainous areas to inspect and supervise school projects, and actively involves in organizing teachers’ training programmes and cultural and educational exchanges.
Mr. Lo was graduated in 1960 from the Baptist College in Hong Kong and took up a career in the education field, serving as principal of Ju Ching Chu Secondary School (Kwai Chung) from 1968 until his retirement in 2000.
Existing Community Services:
- Trustee and Vice-Chairman of China Candlelight Educational Fund
- CEO of The Hong Kong Institute for Promotion of Chinese Culture
- Director of Ju Ching Chu Secondary School (Yuen Long, Tuen Mun and Kwai Chung)
- Vice-President of The Scout Association of Hong Kong , (N.T. Region)
- Member of the Luoding City 8th Political Consultation Council.
Past Community Services:
- Principal of Ju Ching Chu Secondary School (Kwai Chung)(1969-2000)
- Selection committee member of the 1st Special Administrative Region, Hong Kong Government
- Hong Kong District Affairs Advisor to Xinhua News Agency (H.K. Branch)
- Member of the Shaoguan City 8th Political Consultation Council
- District Commissioner of The Hong Kong Scout Association, N.T. Region
- Appointd Menber of The District Council of Kwai-chung & Tsing-yi District
Honors and Awards:
- Badge of Honor (awarded by Queen Elizabeth II)
- Honorary Citizen of Shaoguan City